- Leading Safety, Security and Environment issues is a CMA CGM Group Commitment
- CMA CGM Group activities are rapidly growing and get more diversified
- The development of rules and regulations will not cease, neither slow down
- The ad equation of our SSE policy and management system with the current situation and forthcoming stakes is essential
- We have reviewed our organization to improve the Group SSE performance and harmonizing practices worldwide.
SSE Strategy & Vision
- Be a leading, independant and recognized player by adopting the highest Safety-Security-Environment standards
- Top priority to the protection of our Employees, the Environment local communities and Assets
- Risk prevention and Continuous Improvement of our SSE performance are key principles to ensure a sustainable development of the group
- Define and implement the Group SSE policy and management system (rules) according applicable regulations and standards
- Maintain compliance and certifications (ISM, ISPS, C-TPAT…)
- Identify, assess and mitigate any SSE risk for the company
- Provide appropriate support and guidelines to all entities, both inland and maritime activities
- Ensure that operations are carried in compliance with all applicable rules, notably through internal audits
- Manage Emergency Situations and Response Plans
- Develop a culture of Safety -Security & Environment, based on Best Practices sharing and Training/awareness
- Reports to the Top Management on the Group SSE Performance
- Scope and Perimeter : all Group’s Operations
- Provide a wide range of expertize and support methods and tools
- Harmonize practices and management systems worldwide
1. Ensure safety at sea and avoid any human injury or loss of life.
2. Ensure healthy and safe working conditions.
3. Provide safe working practices in operation of its ships.
4. Ensure all personnel will at all times be qualified for their respective position.
5. Establish measures to deal with emergencies and maintain preventive safeguards to avoid identified risks.
6. Provide technical and human measures to prevent any damage to the marine environment and property.
7. Improve the knowledge and skills of all personnel by continuous training.
8. Continuously monitor the needs of different types of training.
9. Maintain high standards of safety, security and environmental consciousness and personal discipline with a documented training system.
10. Continuously review all mandatory rules, regulations, industry guidelines and codes that are applicable to the specific ship types and trades.
11. Comply with International and National requirements, as well as any rules set by the Classification Society.
Company’s Employment Policy
1. Ensure that all personnel are qualified to carry out their respective jobs and that they are well trained.
2. Ensure that every employee knows his/her duties in case of an emergency.
3. Ensure that all necessary training is arranged, enabling all personnel to fulfill their designated job.
4. Maintain a skilled workforce by encouraging and promoting long-term employment.
5. Maintain qualified shore-based personnel, experienced in the operation of the ship types under management.
6. Provide shore-based support to enable the designated person to carry out assigned responsibilities.